Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Eight Weeks Old

How hard is it to believe that Caleb is eight weeks old?!? I look at him now and I can't believe that he is getting so big and has changed so much. Our neighbors across the street had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago and he weighed almost the same as Caleb did when he was born. When I held him earlier this week, I couldn't believe the difference between Caleb and Gabe! It doesn't seem like he should be able to change so much so fast! We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see just how much he's grown.

Eating is our newest issue. Just before we went to Arkansas, Caleb was consistently eating 4 ounces every 3 hours, except at night when he would go for longer stretches. He decided to throw a kink into things and one day after he ate his usual 4 ounces, he started fussing and putting his hands in his mouth, so we knew he was still hungry. We gave him another 2 ounces and he was a happy camper. Well, that was the beginning of the confusion. Now, we never know how much he's going to eat. Some feedings, he takes 2 ounces, sometimes 4, sometimes 6. How on Earth are we supposed to prepare for that? We usually make a 6 ounce bottle and hope for the best. Surely he'll even out soon and we won't be wasting so much formula every day. Rudy and I have decided that while it's not ideal, it's not the end of the world to waste a little. We'd rather be prepared for Caleb's feedings than have to scramble to make more when he's still hungry.

As for our eating issues, it's time to tackle the pregnancy pounds. I didn't gain much, but what I did put on HAS to come off. Plus - there are some pounds that didn't need to be there before I got pregnant. So...Rudy and I have jumped on the Weight Watchers wagon. I'm actually going to meetings and doing the whole program and Rudy is following my lead, but isn't going to the meetings. As an incentive for myself, I had a "Mom's Day Out" yesterday after I went to the dentist. I bought some clothes so that I can wear something other than the maternity clothes that I've been wearing for about the past 11 months. Like most everyone else, when I feel better about the way I look, I'm more likely to do what I need to do to feel even better. I'm optimistic about this plan. I've done it before and it really does work!

I'll post again tomorrow after Caleb's doctor's appointment.

No comments: