Friday, April 2, 2010

Nola @ Two Months

Nola turned two months old on Sunday! Here's what she's up to these days...

  • As of today (4/1), her weight is 11 lbs, 12 ozs (70.14 percentile). She is 22.75 inches long (61.17 percentile). Her head circumference is 39.5 cms (66.5 percentile).
  • She still takes a 4 oz bottle every 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
  • She wears size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes. I'm having a lot of fun dressing her in her so-very-cute outfits!
  • She is awake a lot more during the day. Some days she seems to hardly sleep at all. Most days she seems to be settling into a little bit of a nap pattern with a longer sleep in the morning and one in the afternoon.
  • She has slept through the night several times. Last night, she slept from 9:30 PM until 7:45 this morning. Usually, though, she wakes up once during the night (usually around 2:00), eats and then goes right back to sleep. I keep the lights low and limit interaction with her during the feedings so that she doesn't decide that she just likes hanging out in the middle of the night. I usually get her out of her bed, feed her enough of her bottle to keep her from crying, change her diaper, swaddle her back up, finish the bottle and put her back in the bed. We get the job done and get back to sleep as quickly as possible!
  • Her laryngomalacia seems to be getting a little better - or maybe I'm just getting used to it. It's funny that people don't know what to say when they hear her making all of her noises. They usually think she's either trying to talk to them or trying to poop. I just go along with it because it's usually not worth the trouble to explain it. We really only hear it now when she's upset, eating or congested. When she's calm, she's pretty quiet.
  • Her temperament has evened out some too. She still gets worked up into a screaming fit pretty quickly, but not as often. She's much more content to just look around at the world. Thank goodness, she has even decided that it's okay to sit in her swing or bouncy seat now and then without screaming. She really prefers to be laying on her blanket in the living room floor. Sometimes she likes to be on her tummy and sometimes on her back.
  • She has had some congestion for the past couple of weeks. It makes her sound a little like Darth Vader. But - Rudy found a wonderful nasal saline mist sprayer at Walgreen's that helps her so much. The best part about it is that it doesn't seem to bother her to have it done like the saline drops did.
  • She loves her pacifier, but - much to my dismay - has started trying to get her hand in her mouth. If she manages to get it there, she goes to town sucking on it. I immediately pull it out of her mouth and put a pacifier in its place. I'm trying so hard to keep her from becoming a thumbsucker or a fingersucker. The little stinker is fighting me on it, though. On more than one occasion, I've seen her wedge her little fist under the paci, knock it out of her mouth and stick her hand in its place. She is a determined little thing!
  • She's not making a lot of communicative sounds (other than crying) just yet. She does say "aaah" sometimes and "nga" a lot. Still no major cooing though.
  • This is the best part about 2 months...

Nola smiles at Rudy, Caleb and me a lot. She also smiles at new faces. She gives big grins when we tickle her cheeks or touch her nose or upper lip. Today, she smiled bigger than ever when she saw herself in the mirror. Every time she does it, my heart flip-flops. I just love it!

We went for Nola's 2 month well baby checkup today. Dr. Schaefer looked her over and said she looks great. He was pleased with her growth and development. He was a little concerned about how raspy her breathing was, but once I gave her a pacifier, she settled down and he wasn't too worried anymore. He suggested going back to thickening her formula if the raspiness continues. I hope we don't have to do that. Nola got 3 shots (DTAP, Pneumonia, Hep B) and one oral vaccine (Rotavirus) today. She didn't like those shots at all and let us know about it, but calmed down pretty quickly. She fell asleep when we left the doctor's office and slept pretty much the whole day. I kept checking her for fever, but I don't think she ever had one.

I go back to work a week from Monday. I'm planning to take my makeup bag with me. I'm pretty sure I'll need to touch up my eye makeup when I get to work. But - I only have 8 weeks after that and then we're back home for the summer!

One Month:

Two Months:

No comments: