Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch

It seemed like when I was pregnant, I was constantly surrounded by other people who were pregnant too. Now, there is just an abundance of babies around us and that makes for lots of fun and lots of pictures...

On Wednesday, Nola and I had lunch at Westside with the first grade teachers who are also on maternity leave, their babies and the rest of the crew that eats at first grade lunchtime. Here are the 2010 Westside babies...
Grayson (born 3/5), Eli (born 3/17) & Nola (born 1/27)
Eli was a little mad - maybe about being surrounded by girls...
And since Grayson is looking away in the group pictures, I added this one too. She's too sweet not to see her little face!And look at my little cupcake. I could eat her up!

Today we had lunch with Lauren and Max Pratchard at Mimi's Cafe and then came back to our house to visit. It's amazing to me that Nola was Max's size just a few weeks ago. He was born 3/29...look at all of that hair! So cute...This little sassy thing has been smiling at me all day. She has found her voice and has decided to talk to us a lot lately too. All that cooing and gooing and it sounds like she's really trying to have a conversation. I love it! I'm going to try to get a video soon, but this smile will have to do for now.

I needed those smiles today. I dropped Nola's stockpile of diapers, formula, etc off at the daycare for her to have starting Monday. I'll admit that I cried. Can you imagine what I'll be like on Monday morning when I have to leave her there? I love the daycare. They take excellent care of Caleb and I know they will do the same for Nola. It's just that she's so tiny and so...mine. I'm going to soak up the next 3 days for all they are worth - just like I have been for the past 10 weeks.

No comments: