Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back to Work

We got up at 5:00 Monday morning. Fortunately, both kids slept until we were ready to wake them up. Rudy got Caleb dressed and I got Nola dressed. Both of them had a little breakfast and we were out the door with time to spare. I dropped Caleb off in his class, then did the dead man's walk down the hall to the baby room. Ms. Diana greeted me and showed me where to leave Nola's things, then (after some extra snuggles), I handed her over. Thank goodness she didn't cry. I would have lost it. I managed to get out of the room before the tears filled my eyes. I managed to get to the car before I let any of them fall. I managed to dry them up before I went into my school. I managed to get to my room without snapping anyone's head off. I did tell Ann that I just couldn't talk and - bless her heart - she understood. My co-workers were incredibly supportive all week. This is statewide testing week, so my mornings have been consumed with administering the test to a small group and my afternoons have been filled with paperwork and figuring out the loose ends that are dangling from the time I was out. Next week, I start back to seeing kids again.

Monday afternoon, I could not wait to get to the daycare and get the kids. I practically sprinted out the door. When I got there, Caleb was ready to go and everyone told me how proud he had been that Nola was at his school. When I got down to Nola's room, she was doing fine and I was glad to see it. The workers told me what all I needed to take home and we were out the door. I didn't want to put her down all night, but had so much to do that I couldn't help it.

Monday night, I was EXHAUSTED. I had hit the ground running at 5 AM and didn't stop until I fell in the bed at 10:30. I was proud of myself for fitting in a workout, even though I was so tired. I've done pretty well with working out. I'm managing to do it about every other day and I've stuck to Weight Watchers religiously with the exception of the Andy's concrete I broke down and ate on Saturday night. My weight hasn't changed all that much, but I can tell that my body is changing for the better. My clothes are fitting a little bigger and I can actually see more "good curves" and less bad ones.

Our nighttime routine is starting to fall into place and with this beautiful weather, we've been spending a lot of time outside. Caleb loves riding his bike, so most nights, we all go for a walk and he rides his bike. (He especially loves to slam on the brakes and make skid marks.)

Tomorrow is Friday (Amen!) and we have a fun weekend planned. Not that I'm counting, but there are 37 school days left...

No comments: