Sunday, July 23, 2006

This Little Piggy Blew a Bubble...

This week's developments: Caleb has found his toes and he's started to blow spit bubbles. Sometimes he just sits and stares at his feet like they are the most amazing things he has ever seen. I find it pretty funny!

Out of nowhere, Caleb has started to blow spit bubbles and the drool factory has kicked into gear. I had just noticed it yesterday and then I read something about the expected milestones for this week and it mentioned an increase in drool. I guess that means he's right on track.

This week should be an exciting one for us. On Wednesday, Caleb and I are flying with my cousin, Becca, to Arkansas! I'm not nervous about flying with him, I'm just nervous about packing and hauling all of our junk through the airport. Mom has already informed me that she has diapers and formula on hand and has borrowed a pack and play so that Caleb has a place to sleep. That will make the travel a little easier. Rudy is sad that we will be gone for a few days, but he's in the full throes of band camp, so he is a little distracted (and stressed) anyway. Maybe with us out of the way, he'll be able to concentrate on work for a few days without feeling like he's being torn between work and home.

We're still struggling with tummy time! Caleb hates being put on his tummy to play and he just yells at us like we're killing him. We've tried putting all sorts of interesting things in front of him, but he still hates it.

Since Rudy started back to work last Thursday, Caleb and I have had a lot more time to ourselves. I find it to be very stressful and very fulfilling all at the same time. I don't get much done except for when he's napping, but the time that we spend together is priceless. Now that he's napping for about 2-3 hours every day at noon, I have time to get some things done around the house, but I'm usually so sleepy myself that I have to make myself keep moving. Once Rudy gets home in the evenings, he's ready to have some Daddy time, so I'm able to get things done then. I have a whole new understanding of stay-at-home moms - not that I ever thought that would be easy!

No comments: