Friday, July 21, 2006

Caleb's First Cardinals Game

For the second time in his life, Caleb slept all night on Thursday, June 28th! I bathed him, fed him and put him in bed at 9:30. He didn't make a sound until 5:15 Friday morning! I kept waking up during the night and listening to the monitor and I could hear him breathing soundly, so I went back to sleep.

On Friday, Rudy's band played the National Anthem at the Cardinals game, so we all went. Of course, Rudy was busy with the band, but Caleb and I got there plenty early so that I could see the new stadium. Wow! It's really nice! Since we were there so early, we stopped at the Build-A-Bear Workshop and bought a Fredbird for Caleb. We made it to our seats and Jerry and Sherry came shortly after that. The band sounded great on the Anthem and then we settled in to "watch the game." There's really no watching the game when you have a 2 month old baby! Even with Jerry and Sherry more-than-willing to hold him and do whatever we needed, it was a challenge. It was pretty warm out there and it got really loud sometimes, which scared Caleb. I took him down into the concourse and walked around with him for a while, which calmed him and we went back to our seats. Sherry and I worked hard to keep Caleb's ears covered when it got loud and he made it through until the end of the ninth inning. When the game went into extra innings, we had to leave. I was worn out and so was Caleb! Overall it was a good night, but it was exhausting.

No comments: