Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rodeo of the Ozarks

Rudy and I decided to take Caleb to the Rodeo of the Ozarks this year because he loves animals so much.  After the big tooth pull at dinner on Wednesday night (6/29), we left Nola with Kathy and went to Springdale.  Now, rodeos aren’t exactly my cup of tea and I sure didn’t know what the scores meant or what was going on, but it was entertaining to watch the people and it was pretty amazing to see what some of the rodeo cowboys (and girls) were able to do with those animals.
In classic Caleb fashion, he asked us that morning, “Is this my first rodeo?”  Rudy and I thought that was hilarious since we both say, “This ain’t my first rodeo” often.
We watched most of the rodeo, but we also did a little walking around too. 
Caleb tried on a hat
Rodeo 6.29.11 (10),
got his boots dusty
 Rodeo 6.29.11 (5)
and bought a lasso to rope his daddy
Rodeo 6.29.11 (18)
He talked all night about the “bullcows” and told Rudy to pretend to be a bullcow so he could rope him. 
I love this picture of him showing off his new grin…
Rodeo 6.29.11 (22)
Rodeo 6.29.11 (29)Rodeo 6.29.11
After the rodeo, there was an Easton Corbin concert.  We stayed for a few songs, but it was late and we were ready to get home.  Caleb was exhausted and fell asleep in the car.  The next morning, he woke up ready to play with his new lasso. 

No comments: