Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Wanna Be Sedated

Oh, what a week this has been! 

Monday started at 7:40 with a trip to the endodontist, where I found out that I needed a root canal.  Caleb had graduation practice at 9:00.  Rudy had a doctor appointment at 9:30.  Nola’s language evaluation was at 1:00. 

On Tuesday, the boys went to Silver Dollar City.  Nola and I stayed home because it was so hot and there’s really not much that she can do there besides ride in the stroller.  I didn’t want her to be that hot without any chance to ride things that would help cool her off.  It would’ve just been miserable.  Caleb is big enough this year to ride all but 2 of the big rides.  He didn’t like the Powderkeg, but he did like the Thunderation.  He’s going to be a roller coaster rider, just like his Mama and Daddy.

Wednesday was my root canal day.  I was so nervous, but so ready to get it done and get the weeks of tooth pain over with!  My appointment was at 1:00 and that’s about the last thing I remember from that day.  I was knocked out from that point forward.  I do remember the numbing shot into the hard palate of my mouth that almost made me come out of my skin.  It’s still sore now as I write this 3 days later!  I slept the rest of the day, thanks to some ibuprofen and vicodin.

Thursday, I had my one work obligation of the summer.  The SLPs got together at Reagan for a day of professional development.  It was good to see everyone, but I don’t want to use my brain that much again until August 8th.  (Truth be told, I really don’t want to start using it again then either.)

Friday morning, I had an appointment for a gynecological procedure called Novasure.  (I won’t go into details about why I had it or what it does, but you can click the link if you really want to know.)  I was so nervous about it, but once I got my pre-procedure meds, I was ready to go.  It’s amazing what modern medicine can do.  Since then, I’ve spent the better part of 48 hours sleeping with the help of some pain meds.  The recovery hasn’t been too bad – just some cramping and I’m incredibly tired.  I hope to be back on my feet for most of tomorrow. 

Friday night was Caleb’s preschool graduation, which was a little bit of a stretch for me since I was coming off of sedatives.  It was great, though.  The next post will be all about little man’s cap and gown ceremony!

No comments: