Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Post Vacation Post

We came home from St. Louis on Wednesday (7/6).  On Thursday, Nola and I started going to Gymboree.  Caleb and I went when he was a toddler and I really wanted a chance for Nola and I to have that time together too.  She seems to really like it.  She’s definitely a mover and shaker.  I am worn out by the time it’s finished.  She is on the move the whole time we’re there – climbing and crawling and throwing balls all over the place. 

On Friday morning, Rudy and I went to a funeral.  We managed a last minute babysitter so that we could go pay our respects to Janet and her family.  That evening, we made our first ever trip to Beaver Lake.  My friend and colleague, Kerrie and her family had us over for BBQ and boating.  Caleb LOVED getting to ride on the tube with Kerrie’s son, Luke.  He and Rudy also rode the waverunner.  Nola really enjoys being in the water.  She’s pretty fearless.  After we boated, everyone (except for me) swam for a while and then we went inside for dessert and the boys played Rock Band.  It was a great night with a wonderful family!

Saturday (7/9), I got to spend the evening and night scrapbooking with my dear friend Stacy.  We love to go to the late night crops at Signed Sealed Delivered.  It’s such a productive moms’ night out!  We’re going back at the end of the month to a pajama party crop.  Smile

Sunday (7/10) was the first day of U of A Jr High Music Camp.  Rudy was asked to conduct a band this year, so his time commitment wasn’t quite as much as previous years.  He still had to be there Sunday, though.  It was so crazy hot that the only thing I could do with the kids was put them in water.  I filled up the kiddie pool, turned on the sprinkler and turned them loose.  They had a great time splashing and playing and I got a little sun while we were out there. 
pool kids

No comments: