Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nola @ 11 Months

I didn’t write Nola’s 10 month post.  I didn’t have time.  Things would happen and I would think, “that’s something I need to remember for her monthly post.”  I don’t remember those things now.  But, I do know what she’s doing now that she wasn’t doing at 9 months and here it is…

Nola turned ELEVEN months old on December 27th!  (Yes, I realize that we’re a week from her turning one.  Cut me some slack.  I’m doing the best I can.)
Here's what she's up to these days...
  • Nola went to the doctor on December 20th for well visit.  She weighed 22 lbs, 1 oz, (80.08 percentile) was 28” tall 34.18 percentile) and had a head circumference of 46 cm.  She got her flu shot at that appointment too.
  • She still takes 8 oz bottles when she wakes up.  She still eats some jar baby food, but really prefers to eat table food that is cut or mashed up.  She loves bananas and will bite off the ends of those if we hold them up for her.  She also eats anything we put on her high chair tray, especially fruits and noodles.  She eats finger foods at daycare too, though it makes me nervous.
  • Nola wears size 4 diapers and 12 month clothes.  The clothes are starting to get pretty small, though.  We’ll be moving up to 18 months clothes soon.
  • Nola can crawl like lightning.  She cruises furniture and can walk while pushing things like her baby doll stroller or a chair.  She will walk if we hold her hands, but doesn’t really like to.  She’d rather crawl.
  • Rudy holds Nola and asks her if she wants to “go.”  She points forward and says something along the lines of “ga” or “uh” and he runs across the room with her.  She giggles hysterically and they do it all over again.
  • Nola’s babbling comes and goes.  I think it’s because of her ears, but I don’t have any proof of that.  When she babbles, she has this sweet little tiny voice that just melts me.  More often than not, though, she just yells and throaty “aaggghhh” that’s not nearly as cute.  She always does this when people take things from her and when she doesn’t like things.  She waves bye-bye, blows kisses, covers the sides of her head to play peek-a-boo, signs “more” when she’s cued while eating, dances when she hears music, shakes her head (and grins) when we tell her no and nods her head when we do.  Nola cracks us up by making what we call her “grumpy face.”  She looks at people like she is so angry at them, then she raises her eyebrows and grins.  It’s the silliest thing I’ve ever seen.
  • Grumpy face & eyebrows up:
Nola 1.15.11 (22)
Nola 1.15.11 (21)
Peek-a-boo (sort of):Nola 1.15.11 (14)
  • Look at all of that hair.  I took these after Nola’s bath one night when her hair was fluffy and curly.  I know she’s going to curse my genetics someday for these curls, but they are awfully cute now.
Nola 1.15.11 (1)Nola 1.15.11
  • Yes, she’s still sucking her thumb.  That thumb is going to be the death of me.  Nola’s speech path mom doesn’t like the idea of her sucking her thumb.
Nola 1.15.11 (13)
  • Nola has 6 teeth – 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom.  So far, she’s gotten really sick each time she’s cut a tooth.
  • She still sleeps really well at home, but some days doesn’t nap at all at daycare.  We can’t figure out why or what to do to get her to sleep.  She’s moving up to another classroom in February and will have to nap on a cot instead of in a crib.  We’ll see if that is helpful or not.
Nola One Month (6)Nola 2 months 3.27.10 (6)Nola's 3 month pic 4.27.10Nola @ 4 months 5.27.10 (5)Nola's 5 mo picNola's 6 mo pictureNola's 7 mo pictureNola's 8 mo pictureNola's 9 mo pictureNola's 10 mo picNola's 11 mos pic

No comments: