Sunday, August 10, 2008

Arms Down, Head Back...

Several years ago, Rudy and I discovered a fabulous amusement park called Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. We have been twice and ridden some brain-rocking roller coasters. The Top Thrill Dragster was introduced in 2003. We stood in line for 2 1/2 hours to ride it. We got on and it broke down. I panicked and got off. Rudy stayed on and rode. Looking back, I'm jealous that I didn't do it too and if I ever get the chance again, I'm going to be right beside him - screaming my head off. The Dragster starts off by shooting you forward at 120 mph in 4 seconds. Because of the ridiculously fast start, there is a recording at the beginning that says, "arms down, head back." (There are rumors that the test dummies heads' snapped off because they weren't secured to the seatbacks.) That is how I always feel at the beginning of the school year. I'm going from 0 - 120 in 4 seconds and if I'm not seated firmly in my chair, my neck could snap. So, I sit here on the day before all of the teachers (new and old) report for work and I'm making sure that my arms are down and my head is back. Here we go again...

No comments: