Monday, June 23, 2008

Soggy Nap

I put Caleb down for his nap yesterday at 1:00 in nothing but a diaper. About 45 minutes later, I could still hear him jabbering in his room. What I heard was, "Mama! Bed! Pee pee bed! Poo poo bed! Mama!" I thought that maybe he had pooped in his diaper, which has kept him from taking a nap in the past. I went in there thinking that I was going to change his diaper and put him back in bed. When I got in there, I realized what all the yelling was about. Caleb was standing on his pillow, holding his diaper in his hand. He then showed me his bed, which was soaked. The child had taken off his diaper, wet all over his sheet and then decided to yell for me. I still haven't figured out why he yelled about poop, but maybe he just knew that would get my attention. Oh, my goodness. There's never a dull moment with a 2 year old.

Oh...by the way...he never did go to sleep. It was a long, whiny evening that culminated in a good strong dose of children's Benadryl.

No comments: