Sunday, May 11, 2008

Caleb's 2nd Birthday

Caleb turned 2 on Friday, May 2nd. We celebrated his birthday with cupcakes in his class at daycare. My supervisor at work was nice enough to let me leave a little early so that I could be there for the fun. The cupcakes were a hit - but I owe a HUGE apology to all of the parents in the classroom. I made the mistake of getting cupcakes with blue and green icing. Oops. The teachers put t-shirts on them to keep them from getting completely covered in icing, but their hands and faces were stained blue! (The green ones weren't as bad.) I felt awful! Even after soap and water washing, those kids were little Smurfs! The worst part was the next day when I changed Caleb's BM diaper! It was neon green!!! I honestly had to call Mom in the room to witness it. Gross!

After the cupcake party, Caleb and I came home and relaxed for a little while. Mom got here about 4:15 and we visited for a little bit before going to get dinner. Spaghetti is one of Caleb's favorite foods, so we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Rudy was playing at a concert in Fayetteville, so he didn't get home until after Caleb was asleep.

On Saturday, we woke up in party mode. Mom and I grabbed lunch at McAlister's, got my haircut, and picked up balloons, cake and ice cream. We made it back in time to get Caleb ready for his party and head for the neighborhood clubhouse. We tied the balloons on the fence, put out the cake and plates and waited for our guests to arrive. We had a great turnout for the party. Here's who came: Mom, Jan, Grandma Voise, Michael (Jan's friend) and a co-worker, Donald, Stacy, Aurick and Alivia Schmidt, Leslie, Jackson and Grace Lyons (and Les' friend, Ginny), and our neighbors Shalini, Davey and Jacob. It was a fun party and Caleb got lots of fun presents. He didn't cry once - which I was happy about!

Saturday night we were exhausted. Rudy went out and got a pizza and we stayed in to play with Caleb's new toys.

No comments: