Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sitting Pretty

Over the past couple of weeks, Nola has really started to develop some motor skills.  She can now roll from front to back and vice versa.  That means that if I put her down in the middle of a blanket on the floor and leave the room for 30 seconds, I usually find her completely off the blanket when I return.  I keep thinking she's going to crawl any day now, but she hasn't really gotten up on her knees yet, so if she does crawl, it'll be a scoot like Caleb's was for a long time. 
Tripod Sitting

But - the big news is that she has gradually learned to sit up.  She's still a little wobbly and often tumbles to one side, but she is able to sit for a while and can reach for toys in front of her.  A lot of times, she leans waaaay forward in a tripod sit, which usually makes her spit up because it compacts her belly so much.  (Of course, pretty much everything makes her spit up, so there's no surprise there.  We keep bibs on her 90% of the time.)            
What's that you say?  You noticed Nola's bow?  Yes...she's wearing a bow...on her head...with a headband...and it's cute.  I still stand by my "no gigantic bows or flowers the size of her head" rule, but a little something to keep people from asking how old HE is when we go out isn't so bad.  I didn't make this green one, but I have made some and you'll be seeing them in more posts.  Some are even bigger than this one for when I'm feeling particularly ostentatious and want to let people know that it's okay for a mom to change her mind a little.  Just kidding - I really put them on her based on what matches her outfit.  When I made them, I ended up accidentally making some bigger than I thought they would turn out.  She'll grow into them.  I'm still going to use them now if they match because I know that my days of choosing what she wears are very limited.  I'm guessing Ms. Sassy Pants will have quite the opinion about it all.

No comments: