Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shutterbug

I love to take pictures. Of course, I love taking pictures of Caleb and the rest of my family, but I also enjoy taking pictures of places and things. I like to look at them up close and from interesting angles. I've always loved to take pictures.



This is a doorway in New Orleans:


This is the fence in Jackson Square in New Orleans:

This is the fence around my grandfather's garden:


This is a dogwood in my grandparents' backyard:


I don't claim to be a photographer, but I sure do like these images and I enjoy going out with a camera to look for interesting photos. As long as I can remember, I've wanted a really good camera, but I've been afraid of them on two levels. First, I was afraid to drop that much money on something that I didn't really need. Second, I've never had a photography class. I don't know what all of the terminology means and I never thought I'd be able to really use a good quality camera. I've always had a point & shoot and have always been able to get pictures from them that I liked. Rudy knows how much I love to take pictures and this year, for Mother's Day, he suggested that I bite the bullet and get "my camera." Fortunately, the local photography store was having a Canon sale this weekend. I did it. Yesterday, we went to Bedford and bought a Canon EOS T1i. It takes 15.1 megapixel shots and can snap 3.4 shots per second. It came with an 18-55 mm lens, but we got an extra 55-250 mm lens to go with it so I'll be prepared for our trip to the beach this summer and for Caleb to begin playing sports next summer. I am just beside myself with excitement over this purchase and can't wait to really get a chance to try it out. I'm going to take a training session at the camera store to learn the bells and whistles. For now, though - I'm just loving the crisp, clear amazing shots that I'm getting as I snap away at everything that catches my eye!

1 comment:

Andrea Berryhill said...

Congrats on taking the plunge! You'll love it. People give us a hard time about the $ we spend on pics, etc. but how much is it worth when they are things you'll look at every day for the rest of your life?!