Sunday, April 19, 2009

Caleb's Birthday Wish List

I know it seems tacky to post this, but lots of people have asked what Caleb wants for his upcoming birthday. I'm really not begging for gifts, just trying to make it easier for those who are already planning to get a gift but don't know what he wants/has/needs/likes. Honestly, it seems like we have approximately 500 toy vehicles, 25 puzzles, 100 stuffed animals, every kind of mini-sized sports ball, every Little People toy known to man, enough play food to feed a play army and a library of books that's bigger than those in some small towns. And - he's getting a bike with training wheels. We'll be doing some cleaning out after this birthday passes - that's for sure. But, knowing that it IS his birthday and so many people want to celebrate by giving him a gift, I took him to WalMart yesterday and (for the first time) let him out of the buggy in the toy section. Everything he "oohed" and "Look, Mama'd" - I took a picture. Here's the wish list, with my comments thrown in for good measure...and because I could see the top shelves AND the price tags. Just in case you can't tell from the list, he loves sports, loves to be outside, is interested in the computer and his favorite shows/characters right now are Cars (Lightning McQueen), The Wonder Pets, Little Einsteins (It's the birthday party theme), Backyardigans, Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

  • Fisher Price Kid Tough Walkie Talkies
  • Little Einsteins Pat Pat Rocket (toy)
  • Little Einsteins Rocket's Tub Adventure (toy)
  • Let's Get to Work Manny (toy)
  • Swimming pool toys (kickboard, splash balls, etc)
  • T-Ball set (suitable for 3 years)
  • Toy bugs (ewwww....)
  • Games (Elefun, Gator Golf, Whac-A-Mole, etc)
  • Outside toys (playground ball, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc)
  • Madagascar 2: Return to Africa (DVD)
  • Little Einsteins DVD - any one would be fine, we don't have any of them
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhhouse DVD - we don't have any of these either
  • A kid-friendly computer mouse
  • LeapFrog Fix the Mix

Now, can I make a list for myself? Just kidding...unless someone really wants to buy me an iPhone, a new couch or that amazing camera I have my eye on. :)

Update 4/26: I've taken some things off the list that I know have been purchased. Oh...and you don't have to get me that camera after all. :)

  • Summer pajamas (short sleeves with shorts or pants) - he wears a size 3T
  • The Bee Movie (DVD)
  • Memory game
  • A bicycle with training wheels
  • V.Smile V-Motion Active Learning System
  • V-Motion Games for 3-5 year olds (Little Einsteins, Wonder Pets, Mickey Mouse)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you posted this!!! I had some ideas, but I never know what kids already have--and like you guys, it seems like we have everything!!! Can you believe we have almost-three-year-olds???