Tuesday, March 11, 2008

An Update

No, I'm not sick anymore. Stacy reminded me on Friday night that according to my blog, I was still screaming. Sorry! I know I'm about 2 weeks behind on blogging.

Let me just say that strep throat is the curse of the devil himself. It was horrible. I was in the bed from Monday night until Thursday morning. I hurt all over and had absolutely no energy whatsoever. I literally did not touch my child for over 48 hours. It is ridiculous to be in the house with your child and not be able to get within 10 feet of him. Anyway - I got better and I went back to work at noon on Thursday.

It was a good thing that I got better by the weekend, because we took Caleb to his first Razorback basketball game on March 1st. We were really nervous about it. On our way there, I told Rudy, "This is either going to be one of the best things we've ever done, or one of the worst." Caleb was awesome! He loved the music, the cheering, calling the Hogs, watching the people, the "bah-beh-bah" (basketball) and (most of all) his pompon. He made it through the entire game without ever leaving our seats and then afterward, we went down to thank Mr. Gunter for the band guest passes and we got to have our picture taken with Pat Bradley. That was really cool since he was so awesome around the time Rudy and I were at the U of A. After the game, we walked around a little bit, then went to dinner at Jose's. Caleb was a doll the whole time. He must have known how important it was to his Mama and Daddy for him to enjoy his first true Hog experience. We feel like we have indoctrinated him well. :)

We had a snow day on Tuesday, March 4th. It was a fun day at home. The snow was gone by noon, so we all went to the mall in Fayetteville and then out to dinner.

This past weekend, I had a scrapbook crop at the neighborhood clubhouse and then we spent the rest of the weekend just being a family and hanging out. It was perfect.

We found out today that Rudy's grandfather is not doing well in the hospital here in Rogers. He has kidney failure and congestive heart failure. His time left with us is expected to be limited, so we are praying for a peaceful journey for him and for the peace of God to be with Grandma.

Spring Break is next week and it can't get here quickly enough.

No comments: