Monday, February 25, 2008

An Update for the Scrapbook Calendar

2/14 ~ Valentine's Day: It was a beautiful day, so Caleb and I played outside after school. We went for a wagon ride and blew bubbles in the driveway. Rudy was asked to substitute for the conductor of the U of A Campus Band, so he was a little late coming in. When he got home, we went out to dinner at Acambaro. 2/15-17 ~ A trip to Hot Springs: We drove down to Hot Springs on Friday after school. Caleb was awesome in the car and didn't really fuss much until the last 30 minutes or so. That's when I really wanted to start fussing too, but I didn't think it would be a very good example. :) On Saturday, Aunt Harolyn came over to visit and then we took Caleb to meet Drs. Jim and Elaine McNiece. Mom, Mr. L. and the McNieces have been friends for years! After that, we took Caleb up to the backside of the racetrack so that he could see the horses. Mr. L. has a friend who is a horse trainer, so we were able to go back to his barn, where Caleb could really get up close and personal. Caleb loved it! Last year, he wasn't so sure about those big animals, but this year, he was enthralled. He even reached out to pet them.
We had a relaxing weekend with Mom and Mr. L. and enjoyed our visit tremendously, but it was time to pack up and head home on Sunday.

2/18 ~ I was out of school on Monday, so I took advantage and made 3 doctor appointments. I got all of my systems checked out and given the go ahead and also managed to get a pedicure while I was at it. It was a busy - but productive - day.
2/23 ~ Aurick's 6th Birthday Party: Caleb was invited to his first Chuck E Cheese birthday party on Saturday. I took him when he woke up from his nap and he had a great time. He even danced with the big kids! I was so proud. I may never forgive Stacy for introducing him to Chuck E Cheese's...just kidding! The best part was that Caleb wasn't afraid of the costumed Chuck E. I was happy to see that, because we're taking him to his first Razorback basketball game on Saturday and I sure would like to get a picture of him with at least one of the mascots!

No comments: