Saturday, July 7, 2007

4th of July, A Visit from Chris and Packing Procrastination

It's Saturday afternoon at 2:30. Caleb has been asleep since noon. We are moving in less than 3 weeks. Shouldn't I be packing? The answer is most definitely YES, but I'm just not in the mood to mess with it. It has truly been a lazy day around here and that has been wonderful! Maybe I'll start tonight...or tomorrow.

Caleb's roseola is gone. He is completely back to his old self now. He's really been a lot of fun the past week.

Monday (7/2) was my Mom's Day Out. I went to Archiver's at about noon and scrapbooked until 5:30. I got 25 pages done! I keep thinking how great it would be to be caught up to date when we move, but I know that's not realistic. I am, however, going to be at least through Christmas, so that's an accomplishment in itself. I'll only be 7 months behind. I never thought I'd be glad to say that. Chris came in to visit on Monday too. The guys came to meet me at the mall for dinner and then I took Caleb home. Chris and Rudy went out on the town, but they were home by 10:00.

On Tuesday (7/3), they went to 6 Flags and Caleb and I had a fun day together. The one-year-old twins from next door and their mom came over to splash in the pool with us. When the guys got home from 6 Flags, we all got cleaned up and went across the street to the Browns' for a cookout and to watch the Twin Oaks fireworks from their deck. It was a wonderful evening. We sure are going to miss the Browns when we move.

On Wednesday, we celebrated the 4th in style with Jerry, Sherry and Rebecca Villines, Virginia Clay, and Mike, Kelly and Sarah Crawford. We went over to the Villines' house for a fabulous lunch and then went downtown to the Arch for the fireworks. Caleb had a great time crawling around in the wet grass and loved the fireworks too. He sat in my lap for the show, so I didn't get to see his face, but Rudy said that he watched Caleb more than he watched the fireworks. He said that he was absolutely mesmerized by the lights and the sound. It was a great night and a tradition that we hope to continue for a long time.

On Thursday (7/5), we had an appointment with our financial planner and then the house was shown in the afternoon. Rudy drove me around to run some errands while Caleb took his nap in the car.

Yesterday (7/6), I took Caleb to church for Kiddie Gym in the morning and Rudy took his Dad's Day Out to play golf. Caleb took a good nap and then the Browns came over and splashed in the pool with us for a little while. So - it's been a fun week full of summertime activities. We're getting really spoiled by all of this relaxation. I start my new job a month from yesterday. That is exciting and sad all at the same time!

Some wonderful news to report: My friend Leslie had her beautiful baby girl on Monday. Grace Ann Lyons made her debut at 8:13 AM in Fayetteville. The pictures that Leslie has on her blog are beautiful and I can't wait to get there to see Grace in person. Leslie called this afternoon and seems to be doing great. I'm so happy for her, Nick and Jackson!

No comments: