Sunday, May 13, 2007

My 2nd Mother's Day

Today is my 2nd Mother's Day. It's hard to believe that! As I write this, Caleb is napping peacefully in his crib and I'm sitting on the back patio enjoying the sunshine and quiet. It has been a fun weekend at our house and we're soaking up every last minute of it.

Caleb and I went to a baby shower after I got off work on Friday. When we got home, it was playtime and bedtime for the little one. Rudy and I enjoyed the rest of the evening by just relaxing and watching TV.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous and we just knew we needed to get out! After Caleb's nap, we packed up and went to the botanical gardens. We were just looking for a place to enjoy the nice weather that might have some things for Caleb to do too. He liked playing with the blocks in the children's garden and watching the other kids, but we decided that none of us are really the garden-visiting type. We left there and went to the playground in Tower Grove Park. That was a lot more fun. Caleb enjoyed the swing and the play structure there. After playing for a little while, we went to dinner at our favorite St. Louis restaurant - Cunetto's. It was wonderful as usual and we even had leftovers for lunch today!

This morning, Rudy took care of Caleb while I slept in (the greatest Mother's Day treat I could ask for). They came and woke me up in time to open my cards (one from Caleb, one from Rudy and even one from Dewey), my gifts (a spa gift certificate, a pack of M&M's, a basket of daisies and a balloon) and eat my breakfast that they had gone to get. Then it was time to get ready for church. We made it just in time and had a very nice Mother's Day service. After church, we came home to our leftovers and Caleb went down for his nap. Rudy says he plans to mow the yard and maybe watch some golf today. I plan to do a whole lot of nothing! I love Mother's Day!

On a slightly different note - Caleb has finally learned to sign "more." He suddenly does it all the time now and gets the biggest kick out of it. We're trying to teach him "all done," "milk" and "drink" too, but those are coming a little slower. Right now, he just wants "more."

No comments: