Sunday, September 10, 2006

Roll Over!

We had a busy week around here and it was all topped off with a big achievement. Tuesday and Thursday were the usual band practice nights, so Caleb and I were on our own. On Wednesday, I took him with me to a birthday dinner for a friend and he flirted with everyone at the table.

Friday night was Caleb's first football game experience. It was Summit's first home game, which meant the first performance for the band. I was so excited to see the band's halftime performance and they did a great job! I can't wait to see the rest of the show in a few weeks. Caleb did much better at the game than I expected. I was afraid it would be too loud for him, but it wasn't. He even fell asleep and didn't wake up until the crowd went crazy after a touchdown. We left shortly after halftime and came home so I could put him to bed and get some things cleaned up around the house.

Saturday was a pretty lazy day for us. Caleb took a 3 hour nap and I actually had to wake him up to get ready to go to the Fenton Days parade. The band marched in the parade, so we made sure to be there. Jenny went with us and we all sweated through the hour and a half together. It wasn't a very pleasant experience for Caleb - too hot and the sirens scared him. It will definitely be a while before Caleb goes to another parade.

As soon as the parade was over, we took Jenny home and then went home ourselves. A little later, Jenny came over to the house to keep Caleb and I company because Rudy had another commitment for the night. We had a lazy evening, watching TV and just hanging out. We played with Caleb most of the night. I decided that he needed some tummy time, so I put him down on a blanket on the floor and when he fussed, I helped him roll over on his back. This happened about 3 times and then I flipped him back onto his tummy. All of a sudden, he rolled himself over! When he did, Jenny and I cheered and laughed. He got scared and started crying. I was so excited! I've been trying to help him roll over for weeks and he finally got it! Of course, he hasn't done it again - even though I've certainly given him plenty of opportunities and encouragement.

Tomorrow is Caleb's 4 month check-up. He'll get the 2nd round of vaccinations and all of the other fun stuff that comes along with the territory. I have some questions for Dr. Koenig that I need to make sure I have written down so that I don't forget to ask. I'll try to post tomorrow night so that everyone gets the update from the appointment.

No comments: