Sunday, September 14, 2008

Caleb Sings

Caleb loves music. He loves to bang on a drum, tap on the piano and play his Daddy's trumpet. He loves to dance, too - but mostly he loves to sing. He's been singing for a long time. Now, though, he sings real songs with real words. Sometimes the lyrics are a little questionable. Sometimes we're not really sure what in the world he's saying. He sings, "kinkle kinkle little star" often. For a long time, he sang "This Old Man" over and over at the top of his little lungs. This summer, he's really gotten into sports. Because of this new love for baseball and football, he started singing "The Baseball Song" (Take Me Out to the Ballgame) and "The Football Game Song" (The Razorback Fight Song). Just last week, he came home from school singing the ABC song. The more we listened, the more we realized just how precious his version was. We were on the phone with my parents one night and Caleb was showing off his new song. He sang his ABC and his "koo-r-s" and then came to the end of the song. Instead of "now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me", Caleb sang "now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep." We all laughed and he knew he had done something great. I've tried for days to get a good video recording of Caleb singing these songs. I wanted to capture them before he grows out of the way he sings them now. This evening, we managed to record him without him knowing it. We got a good recording of ABC's and a pretty good one of the baseball song. By the time we got to the football song, he was distracted and didn't finish the song. I'll try again later. But, for now - here's the latest of Caleb's performances:

No comments: