Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ahhh...June

June is my favorite month of the year. School is out and we're not bored yet. It's warm, but not deathly hot, so you can actually go outside without melting. It's a great time to be a public school employee...and a mom.

I just realized that I haven't updated my blog since Caleb went through his major funk a couple of weeks ago. As always, when I haven't posted in a while - lots of things have happened. This is possibly the reason I haven't posted. As Leslie says, "Life has exploded all over me."
Never fear ~ Caleb is back to his old self. He's fun again!!!! As I suspected all along (was that believable?), it was all a matter of teeth. How can two little teeth upset our apple cart so much?!? Well, the two bottom teeth on either side of the ones in the middle came in at the same time and lo and behold, they are crooked as a con-man in Vegas. Anyone know a good orthodontist? We're going to need one in about 9 years.

Anyway - he's back to sleeping, but he wakes up sometimes at night as though he is starving. One quick cup of milk and he's back to snoozeville, but it does disturb some serious parental sleep. It's not happening every night, so I'm not too concerned about it being a habit. I think maybe it's a growth spurt. That's what I'm telling myself right now anyway. We'll see.
He's also playing well again and seems to be noticing other kids more. He really likes to play with Gabe across the street and loves watching Kynan too. Our new neighbors have twin one-year-old boys and there is one other one-year-old boy a couple of houses down. We have plenty of friends on our street.

We spent Memorial Day in Arkansas. I helped host a baby shower for Leslie on Saturday and Rudy played golf with Nick. Grandpa Voise was admitted to the hospital on Saturday for some tests and didn't come home until Monday, so we were anxious about that and sad that we didn't get to see much of him. Fortunately, he's doing much better as far as we know. Saturday night, we had dinner with Donald and Stacy. It was so great to see them and their kiddos. Unfortunately, our evening was cut short so that Rudy could go visit Grandpa. We definitely owe the Schmidts a dinner when we get moved! Sunday, we met with a Realtor in Rogers to look at some houses. We found a couple that we really like and we're hopeful that the timing will all work out that we'll be able to get one of those. Our house has now been on the market for almost 2 months and we're getting very anxious!

I finished work on June 1st with a bittersweet goodbye to Rockwood ECSE. I'll miss a lot of the people that I worked with, but I know that coming "home" is what our family needs.

I'm writing this now in my parents' house in Hot Springs. Caleb is asleep - completely passed out! We flew in this morning to LR and Mr. L picked us up at the airport. Rudy is driving down tomorrow to meet us. We have some fun plans for the rest of the week and the weekend. I went to Wal Mart and bought a kiddie pool for Caleb this afternoon. He played in and around it for about 30 minutes this afternoon. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of it as the week goes on. We were both so tired from the trip and a goofed-up limited napping day that he went to bed 30 minutes early and I'm headed that way soon. Tomorrow's adventures await!

No comments: