Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Paci Rehab: Night Two

I have apparently had more trouble giving up the paci than Caleb has. I have beaten myself up all day about how hard that sweet little baby cried last night. I called Carrie at about 9:00 this morning and apologized profusely for rocking her world too. She was not upset in the least and was just great about it. I worried all day about it and really dreaded the story I would hear when I picked him up. I walked in to Carrie's house and was greeted with nothing but smiles. Carrie said that Caleb cried for just a few minutes this morning before he went to sleep and didn't cry at all before his afternoon nap. He apparently laid down in his bed and played with his hands for about 5 minutes and then rolled over and fell asleep. Praise the Lord! Well, that's all great and everything, but it's a whole different story at home when he's going into his big bed and Mama or Daddy are walking out of the room and turning off the light. Rudy and I decided that it might go better if he did it, since Caleb has separation issues with me. We said night-night, gave kisses, waved and all that jazz in the living room. Rudy took him upstairs and did the bedtime routine then put Caleb down for bed. He started screaming as soon as the light went off. We braced ourselves for another long night. Nope. He stopped crying after about 10 or 15 minutes and we haven't heard a peep since. That was 45 minutes ago. All that being said - Rudy and I realize that we are just so very very blessed. Caleb never ceases to amaze us with how he transitions so easily and just keeps smiling through it all.

No comments: